Thursday, September 2, 2010

Asian DFac

On a regular morning I get up at 0800 and head to the Asian DFac for breakfast. Recently I was sitting alone at a table for six, three empty chairs facing me and one on either side. The DFac was not at all crowded and there were many, many, many open seats, but this Romanian guy sits down in the chair facing me. WTF1??

A couple of days later I was sitting at one of the long tables, about two seats in from the end. Again, the DFac was not crowded and there were many, many, many open seats. I bow my head and close my eyes to say a prayer; when I open my eyes there were two Romanians sitting directly across from me. Did I mention that the DFac was not at all crowded and there were many, many, many open seats? WTF2??

[This all happened before we had the Unit Appreciation Event.]



The placemats in all of our DFacs have word and number games on them so there's something to do if I'm eating alone (and not entertaining Romanians). The Sudoku is really difficult, and despite the fact that I've been doing these puzzles regularly for almost 6 years, I was having trouble with anything three-star or above. Finally, after weeks and weeks, and thankfully before I left for home, I was able to complete the five-star Sudoku!

No comments:

Post a Comment