Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moving to Turkey


Little did I know that when I went to dinner with Bhartin we would be joined by his really nice, sweet, completely delightful, older brother, Kemal. Kemal and Bhartin treated me to a wonderful and delicious traditional Turkish meal with salads, kebabs, peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, lamb, chicken, cheeses and hot bread. When we dropped off Bhartin near his home after dinner he almost refused to accept his guide fee for the day. Kemal and I then headed to the local hooka hangout. It was a huge, dark, place with people speaking at least 15 different languages. I found out it was a dark due to a power failure not ambiance. We talked and smoked for about an hour and then took a drive to see the sights of Istanbul including a telescopic view of the city. Now I'm back in the hotel lobby typing away. The hotel clerk is watching "Catch Me If You Can" and "Rambo 2" on the television. I can hear Leonardo Di Caprio and Sylvester Stallone speaking Turkish. Who knew!!!

My plan is to return to Istanbul in early December with Cheryl and my sister, Toby. I cannot get back here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment