Monday, August 3, 2009

The Troops Go Marching Two by Two

Good grief, it's been busy at the USO these past few days. I remember that on Mothers' Day we were fully staffed and out of our minds with 1,100 visitors; yesterday we had over 1,400. Every single person is really nice, but the flow is constant and work is exhausting, which is why I haven't been responding to e-mails. Mike-E. was in Ethopia, Jordan is in Egypt, Bettie is in Italy, Chemetrie was in Qatar and Mike C. left for another job so it was Christine, Joe, Steve and me staffing the Center 22 hours a day. Steve hasn't had a day off in over a month.

I am not complaining because we are happiest when we are busy, this is exactly why we are here, and as I said, our troops are wonderful. I just wanted to write it down for posperity: the USO at Camp Virginia, Kuwait is hoppin'!

BTW - Some are going into theater; some are coming out. I can't tell how many or who is going where because I don't know. If I did know, I couldn't tell you; or I could tell you . . . but then I'd have to kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment