Saturday, December 5, 2009

Planes and . . .

PTO started with a flight to Greece on Qatar Airways with one uneventful stop in Doha. On the plane I watched a very stupid movie (Aliens in the Attic) that had one of the best lines ever. The teenagers were fighting the aliens and they found a little machine with which they could maneuver the aliens. One kid says to the other:
Hey, be careful! You're not just playing on the X-box. This is real life . . . like Wii.

I had the row to myself so I thought with three seats, three seatbelts, three pillows and three blankets I might be able to sleep. I maneuvered and fidgeted and moved and changed and altered and tweaked and modified and repositioned and shifted and fiddled and managed to sleep for about twenty minutes. They I saw another guy who was on his side, so I thought I would try that position. After I maneuvered and fidgeted and moved and changed and altered and tweaked and modified and repositioned and shifted and fiddled, I slept for another ten minutes.

I arrived in Athens 7 hours before Toby and Cheryl, so I took the Metro to our hotel, freshened up (I always wondered what that meant) then ate a Greek salad in Greece at a sidewalk cafe across from the Acropolis.+ My entertainment was a 10-year-old boy and his 8-year-old sister playing with a soccer ball. Of course every boy or man who passed by had to take at least one kick with the ball.

Took the Metro back to the airport where I awaited my travel buddies, who arrived in very good spirits. Toby, Cheryl and I then took the bus back into the City (Metro runs only until midnight) and they dragged their suitcases about 20 minutes to our hotel.

+It's important to note that every single girl/woman I saw in Athens was wearing jeans or leggings tucked into her boots. Some of these woman should not be wearing leggings; some of these women should not be tucking anything into their boots. We need to get these people some mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment