Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Day in the Life







So after two weeks here, this is the routine I've settled in to.

I get up at 6:15 a.m. and put on my gym clothes. I go to the USO for a little while to use the computer. The computers are busy when we are open (1000 to 0600) so I need to use before hours. About 7:30 I head over to the DFac for breakfast. That's the only meal I have issues with the hours. They serve breakfast from 5:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. WTF? While I eat I watch AFN/CNN for the news. After breakfast of oatmeal or grits with nuts and raisins, one bottle of nf milk and two pieces of fruit I head back to work on the computer some more. At 10:00 a.m. I meet my personal trainer (Joe) at the gym (which is right behind the USO) and we work out for 90 minutes. I do 50-60 minutes of cardio and the rest weights and machines. Joe is a great personal trainer; almost, but not quite, as good as Carol M. If Joe doesn't show up then I do 60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, reclining bike and/or eliptical. After the gym I stay outside for a few minutes to dry off, then I head to the library to read or go to the PX to buy something.

Lunch for me is at 12:45 p.m. I have turkey/dry tuna/roast beef/mystery meat, vegetables, pita or rice, yogurt and fruit or some variation thereof. Sometimes I find someone to sit with; sometimes someone sits with me. We watch CNN/Larry King Live on AFN. Since this CNN is from "Africa" when they talk about Obama they always say "United States President Barak Obama."

After lunch I go to my room to read and/or nap. At 3:00 I get up, take a shower and get ready for work. My shift (I don't know if it's permanent or not) is 4:00 - midnight. I take one hour for dinner at 6:30 or 6:45; eat what they have if it's reasonably healthy with rice or potato, veggies and fruit. When I get off at midnight, I read and go to sleep.

Now tell me that's not an exciting and challenging routine.

I'm getting to know some of the regulars around here and they are starting to recognize me. I'm difficult to miss, being the oldest person at Camp Virginia and the only one on base with hair. The guys are all jarheads and the women have long straight hair that they put in a tight bun; the African American women have braids that they put in a bun.

Gotta get off the computer. We're opening soon. More, more, more later.
Hugs and kisses to all.


3/18/09: Did I mention I had started boxing. I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just letting you know that I've read every single post you've made...

    I miss you. And if I get into Northwestern one of my first projects will be a script of some sort inspired by your blog.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete