Monday, April 5, 2010

Yad Vashem






I had been to the new Yad Vashem (Holocaust Memorial) on my last visit to Israel in 2005, but at the time I was rushed and halls were crowded and I really didn't get to see the exhibits. This time Ra'anan, Ayala, Shani, Carmel and I went and met Idan there. We took our time and really got to experience the exhibits. We checked out some family in the Hall of Names. It felt weird. I didn't want to be taking their time, but then we're all looking for and checking out the same family. Our family.

There's an outdoor section where they have listed all of the communities that were affected by the Nazis. We found Weber (where the Bachenheimer/Meshulam families lived in the 1500s) and Salzwedel (where Ra'anan's and my fathers lived before they left Germany).

No comments:

Post a Comment