Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dis, 'n Dis, 'n Dis 'n Dat









A couple of friends and I were eating in a rather empty DFac. At the end of the table behind us sat one lone soldier quietly eating his meal. S.Sgt. K walked up and while greeting us put his tray down right next to the lone soldier. We talked and joked for a few seconds and then Lt. K turned bright red. Without starting a new sentence or missing a beat, he said "I just did the dumbest thing when I put my try down right next to this guy. I thought he was my buddy, but I've never seen him before in my life." So he picked up his tray and left. We thought it was hilarious. The lone soldier continued to quietly eat his meal.

-o0o-

It's lovely when it rains here. Twenty seconds of torrential raindrops wash all the dust and dirt from everything, including our cars. Or not.

-o0o-

I found this yucky, dirty, dusty disk on the desk. I couldn't imagine why we were keeping it. Turns out it's the cleaning disk.

-o0o-

About three weeks ago it was still warm (90s) during the day. Now it's high 60s when the sun is out and mid-50s in the evenings. We're wearing long johns, jackets and felt hats at night. I've switched from nightgown to PJs. It feels like fall and we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment