Saturday, January 16, 2010

Apres' Wedding; Tatoo You; Bunches of Bette













The days after Leorit and Ariel's wedding were almost as busy at the week leading up to it. Jacqueline, Fannie, Alice, Shani and I went to the Camarillo Premium Outlets on Monday, visited Toby on the way home and then returned in time to attend one of the Sheva B'rachot dinners honoring Leorit and Ariel.

On Tuesday Shani and I went to KY&L and then Shani took her first limousine ride to lunch at 555 with Skip, Marilyn, Justin, Lee and Carrie; later joined by Kellie, DDP and Jodi. That evening Shani and I caught our Jet Blue flight to Las Vegas.

We stayed at Treasure Island, which was actually much nicer than I had expected. On Wednesday Shani went shopping and I walked across the bridge to China Town to get some permanent make-up. With my temporarily swollen lips I ended up looking like a cross between Angelina Jolie and a baboon. That evening we saw Bette Midler, which was actually the main reason for the trip to Las Vegas.

Our one-hour return flight was delayed three hours so we missed the Thursday Sheva B'rachot dinner. Shani went back to LAX for her return flight to Israel on Friday.

I had been staying at Beverly's place for the entire two weeks. Unfortunately, my timing was way off because on Tuesday after the wedding Bev entered Good Samaritan for a scheduled heart operation. Luckily, Bev's mom Pam stayed with her while Shani and I were in Las Vegas. Two days later Bev was home from the hospital to continue her recuperation. Next time I hope I can be more of a friend than a hotel guest.

I got to spend a little time with Bevie and Pam on Saturday. That evening Beverly, Pam, Toby, Bo and I had a delicious dinner at Tratoria Limone and then went to Ariel and Leorit's for dessert and coffee with the family.

Sunday was back to LAX for the long flight back to KWI and Camp Virginia.

I'm thinking: No more airplanes; no more airports -- at least for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment