Saturday, January 16, 2010

Leading Up to the Big Day









My trip home began with an uneventful flight from Kuwait through Frankfurt to LAX. I rented a car and then headed to Beverly's house, where she graciously put me up for two weeks.

As Leorit's wedding present I arranged for Shani, her cousin from Israel, to come to the wedding. Shani's plane arrived on time at LAX; unfortunately her luggage was on another flight. We were hungry and tired and had about an hour to wait so we headed over to the USO @ LAX to get something to eat. Of course, everyone on duty was welcoming, gracious and very nice -- and they gave us some food.

After collecting Shani's suitcase I called Leorit and told her I'd like to come talk with her. She sounded a little aprehensive. When I arrived I asked her to step outside; now she was really worried. As soon as she saw Shani she started to cry and from then on it was all good. We all thought having Shani at the wedding was a great present for Leorit. We then took Shani to meet Ariel and his family at my apartment. Of course she got along great with everyone there. Shani also made a special friend in Beverly's granddaughter, Annabelle. Shani then joined us for all of the pre-wedding activities including dinners, lunches, receptions and parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment