Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Couple of Funnies

We had a small party for the USO's 69th birthday, serving cake, ice cream and juice. There was quite a bit of cake left over so I asked CPT R if he'd like to take some back to his soldiers at T5. CPT R shook is head. "No, I'm not going to take any back to T5." He said. "Have you seen my guys?" (He has a point. Some of the men at T5 are sort of "big.")

-o0o-

I ran into Paul F. at the DFac. I hadn't seen him in weeks. "How are you?" "What have you been up to?" "What's going on?" etc., etc. Paul said, "I thought you were going home." I told him that I was going home but just for PTO. I was still living at Camp Virginia, waiting to go to Kandahar. I wouldn't be going home for good until August.

"Where's that?" he asked.
"It's right between July and September." I answered.

Paul didn't think it was funny, but the buddies he was sitting with did.

No comments:

Post a Comment