Saturday, July 3, 2010

Eat Dirt and Mattie's Back!





















It's been fun working at Camp Virginia between vacations. I get to see my pals Scott and Wen, make some new friends and visit my buddies at the library (did I mention that there's no library at KAF?!?!?). Unfortunately for me the bathroom is 200 steps from the CHU where I'm staying (ahahhhhh) and I had forgotten how nasty the weather is in Kuwait. The whole time I've been here it's been over 120 degrees with wind gusts upwards of 30 MPH. Visiting the porta-pottie is always special, but the experience is beyond spectacular when the seat is burning hot and the entire interior is covered in sand.

-o0o-

SSGT Matthews went out on sick leave a couple of days before I left for Kandahar. He's been gone this whole time (it's a long story), but he returned to Camp Virginia just in time so I could give him a huge hug. SFC Moreno, his best friend and mentor, is happy Mattie is back too. In fact everyone is happy Mattie's back. Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Independence Day to you and everyone in our Armed Forces who help to keep us safe and independent.

    ReplyDelete