Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hong Kong Outing

Today was my day to explore Hong Kong. It didn't start out that way, but by the time I got off the bus at Jardine House (the place will all the circles) tracked down a bathroom, got lost, located the Star Ferry Pier, got something to drink, crossed on the ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui, discovered the really, really, really fancy* mall, found a bathroom, got back on the ferry, bought something to eat, purchased a People magazine, and then hiked, climbed, crossed and walked** to Exchange Square, indeed it became an excursion. I managed to locate the No. 6 bus to Stanley, a beach town and tourist attraction with swimming beaches, scores of shops and the internationally famous, world renowned Hong Kong Maritime Museum. I felt right at home when I saw that Keesal, Young & Logan was a donor (that's us, six down, two from the right) and Chrystal Sponsor. I also stumbled upon statues of Scott and Terry, evidently before one of their boat trips.

It's the last day of my vacation. Tonight I start the journey back to KAF. So bummed.

*expensive
**Hong Kong has these really cool skyways on the major streets so that you can walk and cross in safety. It's great for pedestrians and traffic; the street-side shop and restaurant propietors probably don't like them so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment