Monday, March 22, 2010

The Less Said

I was talking with the doctor as he was getting ready to give me the third set of shots in my knee.
"You don't need any more injections after these," he said. "Just come back next week for a follow-up."
"I'll come back in three weeks," I replied. "I'm going on vacation."
"Oh, really." Said the doctor. "Where are you going?"
(You and I know I'm going to Egypt and Israel, but considering I'm in Kuwait and the doctor has two very long needles in his hands), I respond, "Uh . . . I'm going to . . . Egypt!"
"Egypt is very nice," says the doctor, "and the weather is not too hot this time of year."
"Are you from Egypt?" I ask.
"Nope. I'm from Syria." (after which he tells me about beautiful Damascus and the lovely apricot trees, etc., etc.)

One of the many times in my life I was happy I kept my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment