Friday, March 26, 2010

Tombs, Groom and Service in the Room










Misbah, Kulsoon and I spent most of two days in Luxor together. Misbah knew Mohammed who introduced us to Marco, the very best tour guide in Luxor. Marco speaks English well, is patient, has a sense of humor and (after four years of Egyptian history in college) really knows his stuff. I would recommend him to anyone visiting Luxor.

Marco Faik Hanna, Tour Guide
Mobile: 002-012-9384185
marco_hanna2010@hotmail.com

Mohammed took us to the ferry so we could catch up with Marco's tour. First we toured Hatshepsut's Temple, then went inside tombs in the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Queens. It was fascinating, although we couldn't take pictures in either of the Valleys. It was also very hot.

Back at the hotel I got a pedicure and finally got my hair done. I explained to the hairdresser that he should just take a little off the length but most importantly, I wanted my hair "shaped." He took about 1/2" off all around. I motioned with my hands that I wanted my hair to be smaller. He smiled and nodded, nodded and smiled, and nodded . . . and put it into a ponytail. The color's good.

I ordered a salad, sandwich and fruit from room service. They brought me three place settings. I ate it all and then passed out for 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment