Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Who's Leaving Whom?
















I know I promised not to write about the TC4ME Marines again, but then in true military fashion, everything got all messed up. The last group of Marines was scheduled to leave Camp Virginia on 19 June and then leave Kuwait to go back to the US on June 20th. They found out at 2000 on 18 June that they would have to stay here for a few more weeks. There was some whining, crying, screaming, kicking and cussing, but after a few minutes most of them decided to make the best of it and settled in. So here they are with almost nothing to do. Many of them volunteered at the USO, with a couple of guys logging over 100 hours in two weeks. They saw what needed fixing, doing and taking care of and just stepped up without being asked. They helped check people in, cover the front desk, install phones, take out the garbage, stock the cooler, bring in cases of water, clean up messes and improve the morale of everyone who worked at the USO and everyone who visited the USO.

Since I'm leaving tomorrow to work for 30 days in Basra, Iraq it's me that is leaving my TC4ME Marines a couple of weeks earlier than expected. I will miss my guys beyond all comprehension. OK. Nevermind. That's a little too dramatic. But I really will miss my sweets a lot. Love, kisses and hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day to you and our troops who help to keep us free. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... now I sorta understand why you are in Iraq. Should've read this one first. Take care Bonnie. :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete