Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halfway to Home - or - They Came for Me







On 14 October 2009 the 960th Brigade Support Battalion, Camp Command Cell, had a celebration to commemorate the halfway mark in their deployment. The USO provided two huge, beautiful and delicious cakes and the 960th provided accolades, plaques, proclamations and people. A few minutes after the start of the event the Command Sargent Major called me over to express her concern about fitting everyone in the space we had provided. I'm thinking, "Good grief lady. You're in charge of all of Camp Virginia and you can't figure out that there is plenty of room here." While I was still discussing the situation with her she made an announcement, calling her troops together for the festivities. Turns out she had brought me over so she could present me with a lovely birthday cake. It was a little embarassing, but I was very relieved to realize that the CSM was completely competent and would continue to direct Camp Virginia without my assistance. And yes people, she really is that pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment