Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hither and Fro








I’ve been running around like a crazy person since I’ve been home.

I was supposed to go to Kol Nidre with Toby on Sunday evening, but instead I went into a coma in her guestroom. We walked on Monday morning and then went to services most of the day Monday. Back for Break the Fast to the Zelens (thank you; love you) and then to my place (being sublet by my daughter, Leorit and her boyfriend, Ariel) for another Break the Fast.

I walked my beloved Signal Hill with Carol on Tuesday morning. Later Ariel and I surprised Leorit at work for her birthday. We walked around Westwood until she was able to leave. Although I was a little cold I decided it was not a good idea to wear my USC sweatshirt in that part of town. After Leorit got off work we drove to downtown LA to pick up Bo at his intern job, back west to Pico/Robertson so we could go to a Kosher/Persian/Chinese restaurant, then back downtown to drop off Bo at his bicycle.

Wednesday I walked Signal Hill with Cheryl. I met Bo for a Trader Joe’s picnic then we picked up Frankie and headed to the Norton Simon Museum (LACMA is closed on Wednesdays) to see the art, including Degas, Van Gogh, Warhol, Picasso, Monet and Gaughin. We also saw “Wrathful Deities of Buddhist Art.” What treasures. What a great museum. I had no idea.

On the way home Frankie mentioned to Bo that his mom was having her carpet cleaned. They explained to me that a few weeks ago, while Frankie and Bo were visiting after Frankie’s dad had been in a horrible car accident, their dog ate a gopher and then barfed it up all over the carpet. [I’m sorry Frankie’s mom, but I cannot stop laughing.] Bo says that after throwing up, the dog had really bad breath. Do you think??? (No need to re-read. The dog ate a gopher and then puked up the gopher on the rug. That’s what happened; that’s what I wrote.)

That evening I had dinner with Miss Beverly and her mom Pam. After dinner they dropped me off at home, but I was barely up the steps before I fell asleep.

Thursday I got my hair beautified by Batia in Beverly Hills then drove over the canyon to Toby’s. We met our third cousin Neil who we had not seen for 45 years. He showed us pictures of our mom, aunt, cousins and grandmother and gave us a book with our family history. He’s living in Southern California now, so hopefully we can get together a little more often.

Friday I walked at ridiculous-still-dark-o’clock with Gabrielle, then took the train into downtown Long Beach, had lunch with SMU and Tammy, and went shopping for my open house. Hung out with friends in the evening.

Saturday I stopped by Weight Watchers for a couple of hours to see my staff buddies and some of my (former) members, hung out with a couple of friends, then met the Pool Girls (Karen, Nancy, Pat, Terri, Joy and Alexis) for a fabulous salad bar lunch. (Nancy’s husband, Bruce, was there too.) Lots of food, lots of laughter, and lots of fun.

After lunch I drove to downtown LB where my friend Marina and I played car leap frog on Broadway. Marina and her daughter Natalia drove in from Tucson, Arizona for the weekend just to see me. We went to Costo, then met Bo and went to dinner on 2nd Street. I walked over to visit my favorite mannequin in the window at Body O’Soul. Sadly, he has moved or changed his hair or changed his style. Something is different --- and I don’t have a crush on him anymore. Sigh . . .

Marina headed up to Toby’s to spend the night; I took Bo back to his bike in USC-ville and then proceeded to the Bob Hope Hollywood USO at LAX to visit my volunteer buddies. After about 70 minutes of gossip and gab I departed for home.

On Monday I stopped by KY&L. It feels so good to be home. Although everyone is extremely busy, I did manage to visit with a few people. I miss you and love you more than you can ever imagine. Yes, YOU!

It’s been lovely, wonderful and fun . . . but I’m exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. You're the only person I know who has a favorite mannequin - one of the reasons I love you. It's nice to be in the same time zone as you for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably not true. I'm the only person who will ADMIT that I have a crush on a mannequin. Thanks for coming to the open house. lots of love and hugs. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete