Saturday, June 6, 2009

And Then There Were Some






About 2/3 of my TC4ME Marines are gone. They left yesterday around noon. Danielle (who is special “friends” with one of the Marines) drove me to their hooch to say good-bye. Thank heavens she did because I was going to walk a mile over there in the one-hundred and ridiculous degree heat. There were some phantom sightings today, thinking that I saw someone in the DFac or the USO, but alas, it was illusion. There’s really no reason to be sad since it was a successful deployment; they completed their mission and ALL ARE RETURNING SAFELY to the States.

One of my favorite people in the world, a stunningly gorgeous TC4ME Marine, proposed to me last night! He said he was completely, totally, 100% serious. I told him that if he had been born 30 years earlier I would joyfully accept. What I didn’t tell him is that if he had been born 30 years earlier I would still be too old for him. Oh sigh . . .

***I just looked at the picture of Danielle and me. That is not my cookie in my hands. I was holding it for S.Sgt. Bullock so he could take the picture. Honest
.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,

    I bet it's hard to see your guys leave after spending fun times with them. I never heard back from you to find out who Barry is. Do you ever hear from anyone from W.W. Keep in touch when you can.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bonnie!! Are these guys lucky to have you around. I can only imagine the smiles that you have brought (I loved the Paul McCartney comments). We miss you!!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, I just caught up with the last couple of blogs. It reminds me of how much we miss you. I love the descriptions and the photos are perfectly clear. Last time I tried to post here it didn't take, I hope this one does. John says hi too. Sydnee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy: Berry is my sweetie. See post entitled "Life is Good."

    Bob: I miss you too. Which Bob are you? I know so many men.

    I miss you too Sydnee. Love to John. Hope things are going well for both of you and your family.

    xxxooo to all. bon

    ReplyDelete