Saturday, June 6, 2009

What's News at the USO



The meeting with Steve, our new Center Director went quite well. He seems to be fitting in, helping us get organized and accomplishing a lot. Steve is from Boston and although he has been in Southwest Asia for six months, has been unable to locate an “R” anywhere.

The boxy USO shirts I’d been wearing every day were getting shabby, so I bought some new girl shirts (with shorter sleeves and brighter colors) at Land’s End, and then had the embroidery store here on base add the USO logo. I think they look awesome. I also ordered some shorts in my size, which, unfortunately, is no longer my size. That’s pretty scary because we all know how generous Land’s End is when allocating sizes. I swear I’m going to the gym every day now. So far I’ve gone for one consecutive day in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment