Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Country Club at Ali Al Salem (aka Military Lite)

Danni (a Corporal in the RAF) and I went over the LSA/AAS to swim on Tuesday (or maybe it was Wednesday, I forget). The pool is beautiful and about the same size as the one at the AJCC . It’s not heated, but my (educated) guess is that the temperature is about 86 degrees. The pool is open 24/6 -- closed on Mondays (my day off) for cleaning and maintenance. There’s an indoor changing room with cubbyholes, flush toilets and showers. Lounge chairs and picnic tables are situated around the deck where people were lying around, socializing and sunbathing. The only things missing were drinks with umbrellas from the bar. I was happy to do 20 laps (about ¼ mile) and sincerely hope I can make a habit of driving over regularly to get in the swim again. (Hope to post pictures soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment