Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moving

Jose, our Center Director has been promoted, so he's moving into the Logistics Manager position for USO Southwest Asia. That means a guy named Steve is moving from Duty Manager at Qatar into the Center Director position here at Camp Virginia. Jonathan and Kevin are moving from their quarters at the Radisson in Kuwait City to barracks at Camp Virginia, which is also where Jose will be living. (They're big shots, so they each get their own room.) Sarah, the Center Director at Buehring is moving to be Center Director in Iraq; I think she's taking a couple of Duty Managers from Buehring with her to Iraq. Another Duty Manager from Qatar is being promoted to be Center Director at Buehring. The Center Director at LSA has been moved out for good. (Long story.) I don't know who's moving in to LSA.

And you thought the earthquake in LA was disruptive . . .

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When we have a line and I call people to come up for their turn at the phone or computer, sometimes they don't answer, they just come up. Other times they respond like the good soldiers they are: "MOVING!" So I say, "Jones for the phone; Jones;" and Jones responds, "MOVING!" or "JONES! MOVING, MA'AM!" It just cracks me up.

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, you are awesome, and I miss you so much! That's all I wanted to say.
    Vining! Moving, Ma'am! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a doll, Penny. I miss you bunches and bunches. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete