Thursday, March 26, 2009

Giftage, Illusions and a Mission - 25 March 2009

Last week received box from Karen K. (yay Pool Girls!!) overflowing with goodies. Now the guys from the mid-West and East coast know why we like See's candy so much. They do too. There were 3 one-pound boxes that disappeared within a few hours. We loved the cookies, brownies, nuts, popcorn, etc., etc. It's wonderful to know you are thinking of me/us and it's just way too much fun to see the troops. I wish I could tell you how much we/they appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I received my mural. Just need to paste it up on the wall. Then when I sit on the bed it will seem like I'm staring out at the ocean.

One thing that has bothered me the most since I've been at Camp Virginia are the DFac breakfast hours. The DFac is open 1100 - 1330 for lunch, 1730 - 2000 for dinner and 2330 - 0130 for midnight grub, but they are open 0530 only until 0800 for breakfast! That means if I want to eat breakfast at the DFac I need to get up at 0700!?! I work until midnight or later, come back home, read for awhile and then go to sleep. Do they really think I should get up at 0700 after going to sleep at 0130? after fewer than 6 hours of sleep? That's ridiculous! I'm filling out evaluation forms and may write a formal letter of protest later this afternoon. I cannot believe in this day and age that breakfast on an American military base does not run at least until 0900. Won't you join me in supporting this important cause?

(BTW - if I don't get to breakfast at DFac I go to Green Beans [open 24/7] and get a triple-espresso-non-fat-Chai-iced thing with a muffin. Although it's not healthy at all, if I eat that I'm not hungry [or tired] again until mid-afternoon. However, with tip, it costs six friggin' USD!) (Another BTW: McDonald's was closed for a few days for repairs, but now they are back up and running: 0900 - 0200. What a relief.)

Life goes on. I miss your hugs.
xxxooo
bon

No comments:

Post a Comment