Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Windy City - 10 March 2009

This morning got up to go to breakfast. It was so warm I didn’t know if I should take a jacket, so I compromised and put all my stuff is in the pockets of my KY&L vest and wore that. Thank heavens, because when I came out of the DFac after eating breakfast for 27 minutes, the temperature had dropped 20 degrees and a sandstorm had kicked up. Which is why I’m typing this on Word and then transferring into my Blog. No Internet in a sandstorm. When I got to the USO our cleaning guy (Soli) was waiting for me to open up. He was all bundled up and was wearing a mask to protect him from the sand. I gave him hug and let him in to he could begin clean. Turns out it wasn’t Soli (it’s his day off) but some other guy I’d never seen before. He was glad he got a hug though.

No comments:

Post a Comment