Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March (not April) Showers - 5 March 2009




I was heading to the ladies' room the other night and I heard some weird noise, like very tiny horses coming down the gravel road. By the time I turned around the downpour was upon me. I had seen it advancing up the road. The rain with lots of lightening lasted 3 minutes, the exact time that it took me to take the 60 steps to the bathroom, use it and then take 60 steps back to my room. My clothes were soaked. That was it for the rain. It was good though, because the next day was really windy, but we didn't have a sandstorm because the rain had settled the sand.

I take a shower every day in shower No. 4. Since I bathe before I go to work in the afternoon I have the whole area to myself. Contrary to posted instructions, I do not take a combat shower, but leave the water on the whole time. It's quite nice except that the control is mid-body level. At least 2 times during every shower I turn and hit the nob with my elbow. Suddenly I turn the water off, or turn it hot-hot-hot or ice cold.

Day before yesterday I went in with my little net/ball/fluffy thing but my shower soap was not sudsing up. I couldn't figure out why since it was sudsing just fine the day before. Turns out I was taking my shower with hair conditioner. I don't know that I got very clean, but the hair on my arms was silky smooth, had lots of body and was very manageable. Note in pictures that the bottles are similar, but not identical. It's a mistake anyone could have made. As you can tell, there's not much going on. I left all of the excitement back in Long Beach. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. You are too damn funny! Thanks for the update on the status of your body hair, Bon; I was in withdrawal.

    Miss you SO MUCH!!!!! LOVE this blog . . You are an awesome writer, and these make my day! Keep on writin' and BE CAREFUL OUT THERE ( . . .Hill Street Blues) XXXOOOXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so much about the conditioner, that I am crying!Hilarious, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete