Monday, March 16, 2009

Help, Helpdesk! Help!! - March 12-16, 2009

This has got to be one of the most frustrating weeks ever. The worst part has been my new computer. I tried to buy one last week, but the only one the PX had to sell me was the floor model. I waited for the PX to bring one in from Camp Buhering, but there was a sandstorm and the roads were closed, my purchase was delayed a day. I finally got the computer I wanted and LH said he would bring some programs for me but he had some family issues, so he was also delayed one day. Then the programs were on but I had to purchase a prepaid Internet card, but the store was closed for lunch -- the only time I could get there. The next day I purchased my monthly Internet pass, but alas, when I got everything to my room, nothing worked. I went to the PX to figure out what to do. I attracted a meeting of six "knowledgeable gentlemen." One told me I needed a split so that Bettie (my roommate) and I could use the Internet at the same time; one guy told me I just needed another cord; one guy told me I needed a longer cord; one guy told me I needed a router; one guy told me there was nothing wrong with my computer or Internet, I just needed to move; another guy said he had an Ethernet switch in his shop, I just needed to follow him back there. Seriously. It was a 25 minute cluster f--k! I did the only thing I possibly could have done under the circumstances; I bought a pair of black Crocks (shoes) and left.
Two days later (today) I spent 45 minutes at the Wataniya phone/Internet shop while the guy there tried to get my computer to work. He spent most of the 45 minutes on the phone with another guy from India. Couldn't get it to work. I finally took my computer back home, started it up again and it worked -- for awhile. Before it shut down, that is. It took me 3 minutes to get onto the Internet, 2 minutes to get to my blog and 45 f---ing minutes to get to my blog in English. OK. I admit, I'm a little pissed and frustrated. JUSTIN! JOSE! CHRIS! I'm sending you plane tickets. When can you be here?
Now I'm trying to put pictures onto my blog, but they won't load without shutting down my computer and when they do load, they load go to the wrong f---ing blog page. OK. I admit, I'm a little pissed and frustrated. Oh. Sorry. Did I already say that? F--k! I have some really cute pictures to post with some really clever captions. Heaven knows if anyone but me will ever get to see them.
Now I'm going to do what anyone would do in such frustrating circumstances. No more shoes; I'm going to eat dinner. Until Justin, Joser and Chris arrive -- watch for smoke signals and/or watch for smoke coming out my ears.
Did I say "love to all?" xxxooo bon

2 comments:

  1. Yes. How does one survive with out J, J, and C? Glad to know you are still kicking and screaming and basically just being Bon. Miss you a lot around here. Hurry home.

    ReplyDelete