Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hanging with the Brits - 9 March 2009
















Went into town with the Gerry, Patch, Danni and Keith, troops here from the RAF/English Army. Keith drove us to his villa and then we took two cabs to the Marina Mall. Keith told Abdul the cab driver to drop us off at Hard Rock Café and then we could walk along the water to the mall. Abdul insisted that the Hard Rock Café was no longer there so we drove around in circles for an hour. Finally got dropped off at the mall and then we walked along the water to the Hard Rock Café, which indeed does exist, for lunch. Beautiful weather and a lovely afternoon. All of the merchandise in the mall is very expensive; even the accessories at Claire’s starts at about $15. The items are marked in Kuwaiti Dinars (“KD”) so it looks like it’s not that bad, but then when you convert the price into USD it’s pretty scary. I bought some hair gel for 3.15 KD and when I figured it out I paid over $10 for the hair gel. I said something out loud and one lady in line said to me in English, “Don’t do the math. You’ll just be depressed.” Since I was with the Brits they were converting everything into pounds and then into dollars. Way too confusing for me. I continue to believe that Kuwaitis may be among the worst drivers in the world.

My energy started petering out mid-day because I’m getting a code in by dose. That may explain the extremely large bigredgoddamnit which has taken up residence covering most of the left side of my face. Really!!! Shouldn’t it be wrinkles OR pimples; never both??

Going to the gym. Need to turn over the computer to someone else. Hope to buy mine today. I went to get it at the PX on Sunday, but they only have the floor model. They will get me one from Camp Buhering. Sneeze, sneeze, sneeze. Hachuoo. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment