Friday, April 3, 2009

Amnesty


I think I mentioned in one of my previous postings that we have "Amnesty" boxes on base. These are places where troops (or anyone) can dispose of something they are not supposed to have (live weapons, ammunition, alcohol, drugs, pictures, etc.) without repercussions. The other evening one soldier called me aside. He looked sweaty and stressed. He said, "I know this is a weird question ma'am (they always call me ma'am), but where is the closest amnesty?" I told him and asked him if there was anything I could help with. He said "No, thank you very much ma'am" and left immediately.

Once every week the boxes are disposed of -- actually blown up. So I'll be doing something, minding my own business and all of a sudden I hear KA BLAM! Oh yeah, it must be that day. Then a couple of minutes later I hear BOOMBOOMBOOMK'POW! There Text Colorgoes another one. Sometimes it's three. B'B'B'B'B'B'BAAAAAAMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment