Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mo Matzo














































On Wednesday, Joe and I drove to the Sultan Center to buy parsely and tablecloths in Kuwait City and then to the Radisson. In afternoon headed to Arifjan for Passover Seder. As you can see in these pictures, the scenery between Camp Virginia and Arifjan is spectacular! When I first arrived in Kuwait I stayed at the Radisson for one night. I had forgotten (until now) that it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to turn on the shower. The wall in the tub is as complicated as a jet control panel.



The Passover seder conducted by Rabbi Soussan, the chaplin at AJ, was wonderful: thought provoking, fun, full of spirit and tradition. There were about 30 of us in attendance, including troops, troop families, troop support and American embassy personnel. We had gefilte fish (same as home), charoset from a bag (really good), horseraddish from a bag (good, but not very strong), lots of grape juice (saving wine for 2nd night), parseley, eggs (with Arabic markings on them) and beef goulash MREs (totally, 120%, incredibly, uncompromisingly disgusting! I'm the person who thinks airline food is good. I could not take more than 1/2 bite of the MRE. That's how bad they are.) Met some new friends. A wonderful time was had by all, especially me.


Second day we went to buy ingredients for tsimmis, prepared and put up to cook in Joe's room, I went to the beauty salon (see separate post) and headed for AJ in the afternoon. Since we had suitcases and boxes, etc., security at AJ sent the car through the Xray. Good for national safety; bad for my goldfish (j/k). Got back to Virginia at 2356, just in time for Joe to start work at 2400.

No comments:

Post a Comment