Friday, April 17, 2009

Happier Endings

The day that didn't start out well got it better:

The day after his promotion to E5, my friend Doug (not his real name) got the call from home that things were not going well with is fiancée. He was pretty upset. Doug went to the Chaplin who recommended that his weapon be taken away and that he go off duty for three days. Fortunately it turned out that the information was not wholly true, Doug is back on duty (with weapon), and things are getting straightened out with his fiancée.

Subway recently changed their hours 1000 – 2000 which really sucked because I had been going to Subway for breakfast at 0900 when I woke up too late to get breakfast at the DFac. Just received an e-mail from the AAFES lady (they run the concessions on Camp) that Subway and Charley’s (the steak sandwich place) were going back to being open 24/7 and McDonald’s is now open until 0200 instead of closing at 2200. Yay!

I had a ton of fun at the seders, but it’s still difficult to be away from my family on my favorite holiday. I received delicious and fun Passover care packages (thanks Amy, Joan and MOT), some really wonderful and warm e-mail wishes and I got Passover cards and/or notes from JoAnn (always the right card at always the right time), Deb K. and Bertha D. Thanks ladies. You make my heart warm.

One young soldier was totally freaked out until we told him he could use our phone. He was behind-the-counter on our Center line for the better part of the evening while his wife was in labor. Poor guy is on his way home, but was going to be about 48 hours too late to see the birth of his first child. That was night before last. I trust that now he’s home and enjoying his new daughter, Rachel Michelle Pruitt.

I left my freakin' shower gel in the freakin' shower again! I'm really getting tired of supplying the people of Bangladesh with soap. Buying a new freakin' bottle of gel every week is getting freakin' expensive. It's a pain that I have to keep freakin' buying it and I'm really getting annoyed! ------ Oh. The gel was laying down behind the shampoo on the top shelf of my war locker. Never mind.


In addition to lots of movies, the USO has some television show DVDs: Deadwood, Sopranos, Entourage, South Park, Rescue Me, etc. Kristine and Berry convinced me that I would enjoy Entourage, so I watched the first season and one-third of the second season and then the book with the TV show DVDs disappeared!!! Man, was I annoyed. (If you know me, you know that I wasn’t annoyed; I was ranting-raving- pissed.) Anyway, two days later the book reappeared. Now I can watch the rest of seasons two and three of Entourage and I’m not so annoyed any more.

Still everything goes around, turns around and comes around; even in Kuwait.

No comments:

Post a Comment